Chipotle Black Bean Grilled Tostada Pizza
Total Time: ~20 minutes
1 can black beans
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 c. chicken stock
1 tbl. olive oil
6 chicken tenderloins (or 2 chicken breasts), cooked and cubed or shredded
1 c. shredded Cheddar and Monterey cheese
1/2 avocado, diced
1 roma tomoato, diced
3 tbls. cilantro, loosely chopped
1-2 tbls. ranch dressing
Juice of 1/2 lime
1 pizza pie crust (I made my own, but store bought will work)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oil in large skillet. Once warm, saute onions until translucent. Add garlic, season with salt and pepper and continue to cook until onions brown. Finally, toss in chipotles.
2. Rinse black beans and toss into pan. Add chicken stock and allow beans to simmer until about 3/4 liquid reduces. This will take 5-10 minutes. Check the seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
3. Once most of the stock is reduced, blend beans in a blender. Make them as chunky or as smooth as you'd like.
4. Preheat your grill to medium heat. Coat the pizza crust in olive oil or cooking spray.
5. Once the grill is heated, toss the crust onto the grill.
6. The crust will begin to crisp quickly. Give it a couple minutes and flip. Wait another couple minutes for the second side to brown. Remove and place onto a baking sheet.
7. Top the pizza crust with beans, cheese and chicken. Place back onto the grill. Remember to keep the crust on the baking pan so the bottom doesn't burn.
8. In a couple minutes, the cheese should be melted, and all other toppings should be warmed through. Remove from grill and top with cilantro, tomatoes and avocados. Drizzle with ranch and lime juice. Finalize with a light touch of fresh cracked black pepper.
1. You don't have to make your own beans. A can of refried beans will work. I would still suggest spicing up the canned refried beans with chipotles, however.
2. Grilling the crust can be a little tricky, but the oven works just fine too.