Total Time: ~20 minutes
2 c. cooked brown rice
3/4 lb. 71/90 count shrimp
1 jalapeno, diced
1 Fresno chile, diced
1 tbl. olive oil
3/4 c. coconut milk
2 tbls. toasted sesame seeds
1 tbl. ginger, grated
1 tbl. honey
Juice and zest of 1 lime
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbls. fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Once hot, toss in jalapeno and Fresno chiles. Allow peppers to sweat for 3 to 4 minutes.
2. After peppers have sweat, add shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Allow shrimp and chiles to cook until shrimp becomes pink.
|Shrimp and chiles near completion|
4. Once boiling, add all other ingredients except sesame seeds and cilantro. Reduced to a simmer and cover. Allow simmer to continue for 10 minutes.
5. Just before service, mix in cilantro and sesame seeds.
1. For more flavorful rice, cook in chicken stock.
2. Add more peppers for more spice, or increase honey dosage for a sweeter dish.
3. Be sure to check the seasonings after the rice has simmered. Adjust to your liking if needed.